Chicken Marsala is another classic that is so easy to make but tastes and looks beautiful on the plate. Definitely do-able for a weeknight family style dinner or fancy enough for a weekend dinner party. Pounding the chicken thin keeps in tender and cooking time is quick.
I love to serve this with a big bowl of mashed potatoes and top with some of the extra mushrooms and pan juices. If you haven’t tried to make this yourself, you should, I promise you can do it! This recipe is so easy and you’ll feel like you’re eating at a restaurant, but you can be in comfy clothes in your own home. You know…kids fighting over what to watch on t.v., pets needing to be fed, someone needs help tying a shoe or questions about homework, all simutaneously. Oh’ wait, that’s my house. Well, it’s still nice to have a family meal at home, right?
The list of restaurants where we feel like we can get a better meal eating out is definitely shrinking. Plus, knowing what is going into your food and what quality of ingredients you’re eating and feeding your family is important. When I put a dinner like this on the table for my family, it’s a part of my heart and soul. I do it because I love it and I feel like I’m giving them something special. I’ve had people ask me, “do you guys eat like this every night?”. The answer is yes. Of course some nights are busier than others and there’s not enough time, but for the most part. When I started my blog and thought of the tagline “Elevating everyday recipes from my kitchen to yours”, I really meant it. I hope you grab a glass of chardonnay and enjoy this Chicken Marsala recipe!
Chicken Marsala is another classic that is so easy to make but tastes and looks beautiful on the plate. Definitely do-able for a weeknight family style dinner or fancy enough for a weekend dinner party.
- 4 Chicken Breasts pounded thin between parchment with a flat meat tenderizer
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 1/2 Tablespoon Granulated Garlic
- 1/2 Tablespoon Paprika
- 2 Tablespoons EVOO
- 4 Tablespoons Butter
- 8 oz. Mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 cup Marsala Wine
- 1 cup Chicken Stock
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Parsley Minced for topping
- Pound chicken to about 1/4" thick between 2 sheets of parchment paper with a flat side of meat tenderizer. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Prepare flour mixture on a flat plate by seasoning flour with paprika and garlic powder.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add EVOO and 1 TBS. butter. Once heated but not smoking, add chicken to the pan and cook for about 2-3 minutes each side until golden brown. Work in batches and set aside when done.
- Add another TBS. of EVOO and butter to the same pan, add the mushrooms. Cook until brown around the edges, about 5 minutes.
- Add Marsala wine, scrape up the brown bits with a wooden spoon and reduce for about 5 minutes. Add chicken stock, swirl in another TBS. butter, add chicken breasts back in and cook for about 5 minutes until cooked through.
- Remove from pan, spoon mushrooms and pan juices over the top and sprinkle with chopped parsley.