Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Chicken Lettuce Wraps are the perfect answer to a healthy lunch or light dinner. I must admit, fall hit and I went into full blown comfort food recipes. So, in order to tip the scales (bad pun?), I wanted to share this tasty recipe with you.
I found this recipe on the Food Network app, from the Food Network Kitchen. I made a couple of tweaks to my taste and they’re delicious! These Chicken Lettuce Wraps are sweet, sour, spicy and the sprinkling of peanuts add the perfect crunch. I first made these to bring to a Super Bowl party knowing that there would be plenty of fried foods to choose from. They were a great alternative and before I knew it, poof!…they were gone. This recipe is so versatile, the perfect meal to lighten things up without sacrificing texture or flavor. It’s like a party in your mouth! Super easy to put together in 30 minutes or less and they make for a beautiful presentation. Prepare them for your next get together and they will be sure to impress!
Chicken Lettuce Wraps
These Chicken Lettuce Wraps are sweet, sour, spicy and the peanuts add the perfect crunch. The perfect appetizer, light lunch or dinner...with all that flavor, it's like a party in your mouth!
Servings: 8 people
- 1 Lime juiced
- 1 Tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 Tablespoon siracha
- 1/3 cup Fresh Cilantro chopped, divided in half
- 3 scallions chopped
- 1/2 Jalepeno
- 1/2 cup Chicken Stock
- 2 lbs. ground chicken
- 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
- 2 Garlic Cloves minced
- 1/2 cup peanuts chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 10 lettuce cups Butter, Bibb or Romaine - clean and trimmed, refrigerated with a wet paper towel until needed
- Make the sauce. Add the lime juice, fish sauce, soy sauce, hoisin, siracha, half the chopped cilantro, chopped scallions and half a jalepeno (seeded and ribs removed) to a bowl, stir to combine and set aside.
- Add chicken stock to a skillet and h eat over medium heat until it starts to simmer. Add in ground chicken and cook for about 5 minutes, using a wooden spoon to break it up. Add in fresh grated ginger and minced garlic, stir to combine and remove from heat.
- Add sauce to the pan with chicken, stir to combine and let flavors develop for about 10 minutes while you get ready to assemble.
- Time to serve! Take a lettuce cup, place some chicken mixture in the center, top with shredded carrots, a sprinkle of reserved cilantro and chopped peanuts. To do this, I place the peanuts in a ziplock bag and hit them a few times with a meat tenderizer or rolling pin. The result is a perfectly light but incredibly tasty dish!