Grilled Corn Salad
Grilled Corn Salad is the perfect summertime accompaniment to any BBQ or gathering all season long. I love this salad because it’s so easy, tasty and colorful. It’s fresh, healthy and full of flavor! The great thing about it is that you can make it ahead and it can be served room temp or even chilled in the fridge when you’re ready to eat.
The extra step of grilling the corn and jalepeno add that little bit of extra flavor that elevate it above the rest. I am all about preparing meals or sides ahead of time, whenever possible. The late afternoons are always super busy with the kids and on the weekends when I just want to relax, it’s nice to have things prepped and ready to go. The ingredients I used are seasonal to summer, but you can use a lot of different combos to change it up. And, since it’s even better after the flavors have had a chance to marry, it also makes for a great snack or lunch the next day! Next time you have people over or you are bringing a side or salad to someone’s house, give this Grilled Corn Salad a try! Light, healthy, tasting and so refreshing!
Grilled Corn Salad
Grilled Corn Salad is the perfect summertime accompaniment to any BBQ or gathering all season long. It's fresh, healthy and full of flavor!
- 4 ears Corn white, yellow or mixed
- 1 Jalepeno
- 1 Shallot diced
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Cilantro chopped
- 8 oz. Cherry tomatoes quartered
- 1 bunch Baby Arugula washed and rough chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Basil julienned
- 1/3 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil for the dressing
- 3 Tablespoons Champagne Vinegar or apple cider/white wine vinegar as a substitute
- 1/2 Tablespoon Agave Nectar or honey
- Kosher Salt & Pepper to taste
- Pull back corn husks, remove silk and put husks back. Soak corn submerged in water for about 10 minutes. Preheat grill to moderate heat, grill corn about 10 minutes, rotating every few minutes. Peel back husks and allow corn to get some charring for about 5 minutes rotating. Add the jalepeno to the grill and rotate that as well. Remove and set everything aside to cool.
- When corn is cool enough to handle, cur it off the cobs, and add to a large bowl. Chop other ingredients and add to the same bowl. The shallot, jalepeno (seeds and ribs removed unless you want extra spice), cilantro, cherry tomatoes and arugula (roughly chopped). Julienne the fresh basil and set aside until ready to serve.
- Make the vinaigrette, whisk together the ingredients and add to a bowl or mason jar to combine. EVOO, vinegar, agave nectar, salt and pepper.
- Toss with vinaigrette and it's ready to serve or to store in the fridge until you're ready. Add salt and pepper to taste and sprinkle with the fresh basil.